Friday, April 30, 2010

Oh Honey.....


Honey!!! This is probably one of my favorite foods, sweetener, and beauty product. Beauty product?! Say what?!!! Yes...you heard right...beauty product. Two summers ago I made it my mission to learn more about this super food and learn what benefits it has. Here are a few things I learned:

1. Honey does not expire and is an anti-bacterial. If you have a wound or a cut put some honey on it so it won't get infected. Also, it will prevent any scarring. It works just like Neosporin but better because it is all natural. I tried it and it proved to be true. I had an ugly spider bite and in a few days I was healed.

2. Honey makes a great facial. I know, it may sound a bit sticky but it's not. It softens your skin and helps remove any old acne scars. I tried this mostly on an area of my face where I had old acne scars and let me tell you, it was a miracle worker. I'm not kidding! ALL the scars on my forehead were gone. I used it every other day for a month. All you need is water and honey! (oh, and you need to leave it on for about 20 min, then rinse).

3. Honey is like Pepto-Bismol! If you have tummy problems, I highly recommend this. There are times I get really bad stomach aches for reasons I can't really explain (really! I don't know why.) I take a teaspoon of honey and my stomach feels instantly better. It might just be the healing properties it has but seriously my tummy is a much more of a happy camper now a days.

Boy oh boy....and the list can go on. Believe me, I am such a huge fan of this natural wonder and it just proves to me that God created so many wonderful things for our benefit. I dare you...go buy a cute little plastic bear full of honey and see how it can help you. If you don't have any, come over to my place, I never run out of honey!! :)

2 comments:

  1. Now I have to try all these things out. I'm going to hold you accountable if they don't work! j/k
    Loving your posts!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. lol! i tried them all. it works, if not you know where i live.

    ReplyDelete